- Go light on foundation: No matter how good the formulation, sweat, water and effort will all conspire to take your base and leave it smeared and cracked. Instead use a really good day moisturiser like our Rose Moisturiser (£7.50 for 15ml or £18 for 50ml) or a tinted serum like our Organic Super Fruit Concentrate £33, to ensure that your skin can breathe and remain nourished while you workout.
- Super-charge your hair: Working out is a great chance to get your hair into tip-top shape as well. Grab some pins or an alice band and instead of using gel, mousse or hairspray to slick it off your face, try using a deep conditioner. We recommend our multi-tasking hero Organic Ultra Rich (from £7.50 for 50g) for great value intense conditioning.
- Moisturise lips: Protect your lips from drying effects of the sun with a hydrating lip-balm or lipstick. Something clear or very lightly tinted is best, like our Organic Lip Silk, £5.50. Sweep across lips for a softened pout, and use a tiny bit on the tip of your finger to tidy up unruly brows. You can also gently sweep across eye lids for a dewy eye glow that won’t run all over your face.
- Avoid blusher: It may sound obvious but blusher and fitness do not mix. Try gently highlighting areas like the tip of your nose, just above the brow bone and the highest parts of your cheeks with a shimmery pink toned highlighter instead for a subtle, healthy glow. Our organic eye shadow in shell (part of the Ocean Quad, £34.50) is perfect for this.
- Finally, if you’re worn out or stiff after your workout, don’t forget our concentrated organic massage oil Muscle Ease to comfort aching pins!
So there you have it, hard-working style for hard-working bodies – enjoy 2012’s summer of sport feeling and looking great!